Will you accept my transfer credits?

In order to receive a transfer credit evaluation at Patten University, you must send official transcripts to the Registrar (registrar@patten.edu). You will need to contact your previous school(s) and request that they send official transcripts to Patten University. Students must have transcripts in within 30 days of enrollment.

Once your official transcripts are received, the Registrar will determine which of your prior degrees and coursework can be accepted for credit at Patten University. This review determines the remaining coursework to complete the desired program of study.

Course content and instructional quality varies across institutions. For online programs, the University does not consider grade points for work completed at other colleges or universities. Therefore, transfer credit neither raises nor lowers a student's grade point average. Only grades of C or higher will be considered for undergraduate credit and B or higher for graduate credit. In addition, the University has established the following limits on the maximum credits that are allowed for transfer into the degree programs.

Maximum Transfer Credits that May Be Awarded from All Sources

Associate’s Degree . . . . . . . . . . . . up to 45 credits (15 courses)*
Bachelor’s Degree . . . . . . . . . . . . . up to 90 credits (30 courses)*
Master’s Degree . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .up to 6 credits (2 courses)**

* For Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees, transfer credit may be awarded through a combination of transfer and/or credit by examination.
** For Master’s degrees, credit by examination does not apply.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.